Management Trainee Port OperationsBack to overview
In the Port of Antwerp, Katoen Natie Port Operations owns and operates two deep-sea terminals and one barge terminal on both the right and left bank of the river Scheldt. High flexibility and productivity in a safe working environment are our main drivers to perform a variety of services. A team of well trained, motivated and highly productive people is ready to take care of break bulk, containerized and bulk cargoes, with the emphasis on quality. All terminals are well equipped with mobile and gantry cranes, hoisting material for a wide range of goods, extensive fleet of forklifts, roro berths, container freight stations, rail connections and a large storage capacity. All terminals have excellent connectivity: close to the highway, railway access and possibility of barge service.
At Katoen Natie Port Operations we believe in always focusing on solutions, never the problem. And through drive, passion and tenacity we are determined to reach that goal. We are constantly looking for ways to make a difference for our customers: optimizing our services, improving safety and looking for efficiencies.
We are looking for people that share our willful mindset…
As a management trainee you will play a vital role in finding solutions tailormade for our customers and our organization. We believe in giving and getting chances. During an intensive on-the-floor learning program, you will be given the chance to be submerged in all aspects of maritime handling, learn the business in-the-field, get a real feel for what we do, and why we do the things we do in our own way. Gradually you will take more responsibility in improving our organization through projects. Finally, you will get the chance to take up a leading operational or commercial role in the organization. Which path you take is open, more important is the mindset you bring to the table.
- You are passionate about solutions: there is always a way
- You have the drive to see things through, even when things might get tough
- You are guided by common sense
- You have strong communication and leadership capacities
- You want to explore the world of logistics and port operations and want to further expand your knowledge
- You are prepared to invest in yourself and are very persistent
- You have a strong focus on optimization, efficiency and process improvements
- Higher education
- Flexible, in terms of location and time schedule
- Willingness to work in different shifts
- Multi-lingual (Dutch and English are a must, French and German are a plus)
- A challenging job assignment with lots of variety in a fast growing and dynamic company
- Opportunities to grow within the Katoen Natie group
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to make the difference